Monday, January 9, 2012

Weird Name, Right?

Hello! Welcome to my new project, Friends, Food, & Failures. I've decided that I have way too many plans and nowhere to keep track of them, so this was the solution. Plans for what? Mainly, Pinterest experiments. Yes Pinterest, the site every girl is raving about. Sorry guys, but you just couldn't BELIEVE the amazing things that this site contains. Solutions to everyday problems, household helpers, creative recipes, DIY projects, just to name a few. I named these few because they're the ones I'm interested in...if you like the house or clothes pages, I understand, but this is my blog :-)

Now I promise it will be more than me just ranting about how wonderful my casserole turned out (though I did try spinach cakes yesterday and they were PHENOMENAL.) In an act of humility, as well as hopeful entertainment, I'll be posting not only the successes, but far more likely, the failures. Such as the soup I made in the crock pot today that made the kitchen smell like burnt sulfur. (I actually think it's just the new crock pot smell, since the soup tasted decent, but who really knows?)

And as for the "Friends" portion of the title? Honestly, I liked the alliterative idea of F's once I came up with food and failing...many other words then entered the race for another, non-cursing, F-word. I considered "Faith", because my Christian faith is incredibly important and drives the course of my life, but in reality, I'm no theologian, so knew I would write rarely about faith. I wish this weren't true: I greatly admire people with the ability to turn their random thoughts on life, Jesus, love, etc. into inspirational pieces, but I'm sadly not one of them. I also considered "Findings" because I like simply discovering new random things, but that's very broad/vague and I honestly don't "find" a lot of new things out that many people would care about. "Fads" almost made the cut because as any of my friends will tell you, I have a slight obsession with making them like what I like. Call it selfish and annoying; I call it enthusiastically sharing. Some of such fads include The Hunger Games trilogy, Pinterest (sorry you're not really escaping this one), Settlers of Catan, certain movies, restaurants, etc. At the end of the day, I knew I talk about these things far too much already. So "Friends" it was, basically because they're part of the "Food" and "Failures" processes as I hope to cook for them, laugh with them, and they often have more interesting lives than me, so write about them. :-)

So there you have it, three things I care about in one probably disorganized blog. My goal is to try around four new recipes each week, and maybe some sort of craft (I like the "idea" part of crafts, not the "doing" and "mess" part.) Check back soon!

P.S. I'd love love LOVE to take requests, so if there's a recipe you've been thinking about tackling, let me know! Or if you have fun failures to share :-)

-Sara Z

No comments:

Post a Comment